Hey how y’all doing beginning of this year and hope everything is perfect. So this is my first blog of this year and starting out with GraphQL and embedding four videos to understand the GraphQL fundamentals. Well you might be knowing that GraphQL is a query language created at Facebook in 2012 and initially open-sourced in 2015, with relatively little fanfare. Now we’re in 2018 and we can see that Facebook has developed this pivotal technology that turned into a global phenomenon in the space of two years.
The big giant companies like GitHub, IBM, Walmart, New York Times, Air France and the list goes on who are using this incredible technology GraphQL. And again in 2018 is going to see more and more core developer tools joining the current ecosystem, more companies will ship GraphQL products, more integrations to GraphQL APIs, and more content.
So i think i don’t have to write more about it here in my post and youcan watch out the following videos on GraphQL fundamentals right here.
How To GraphQL Fundamentals: Introduction
In this part of video you are going to understand all the basic things about the GraphQL including:
- What is GraphQL?
- A Query Language for APIs.
- A more efficient alternative to REST.
- GraphQL is for all types of developers and can be used everywhere.
How To GraphQL Fundamentals: GraphQL is the Better REST
Here in this second part of this video series you are going to understand on how GraphQL is really different to the REST API and how both fetches the data and what it takes and along with it you’ll learn the following things
- GraphQL vs REST API with easy examples
- No more over or under-fetching
- Rapid product iterations
- Insightful Analytics
- Benefits of Schema types
How To GraphQL Fundamentals: Core Concepts
Here in this thrid part of video series you will understand the GraphQL’s core concepts including
- The Schema Definition Language (SDL)
- Fetching data with queries
- Writing data with mutations
- Real-time updates with Subscriptions
- The GraphQL Schema
- Root Type + Query Type + Mutation Type + Subscription Type
- Full Schema
How To GraphQL Fundamentals: Big Picture (Architecture)
In this final part of this video series you will be able to understand about the GraphQL architecture in easy manner and you can understand the following things including
- GraphQL is only a specification
- Architectural use cases in 3 different use case
- Use Case 1: GraphQL server with a connected database.
- Use Case 2: GraphQL server integrating existing (legacy) systems.
- Use Case 3: GraphQL server with both connected database and integrated systems.
- Resolver functions
- GraphQL clients
- from imperative to declarative data fetching
So hope you enjoyed this 4 part video series and now you might understood what the GraphQL is all about, it’s concepts and its architecture. We’re using this technology for couple of our client project by using Apollo ecosystem which i will be writing few blogs within the next few weeks and you’ll be able to read more and more posts about GraphQL in this year